Board Builder

bgreat

Thanks Jack!

My Kickstarter Papilio DUO Board Builder version is assembled! I have confirmed the power supply and FTDI 2232 are working. This weekend I hope to have time to check out the Arduino, FPGA, and SRAM! When I have it up and running I'll share assembly details and photos.

Enjoy!

Bill

FPGA checks out!

All pins to the headers appear to be working as expected. I can load directly or to FLASH. FLASH configures FPGA at power on. Still on my todo list is to check the SRAM. I am saving this for last as it should be a simple verification as it was the simplest to solder. 

Quick check of Arduino section by plugging in USB. ATm32U4DFU listed in Windows Device Manager. Time to load the Arduino development environment and see if I can toggle the LED.

Enjoy!

Bill

Bill, it sounds like you are making great progress! You will need to load the Arduino hex file some way. I made a quick ISE project that connected the ICSP pins out to pins on the Wingslot and then used an AVR Dragon to program the hex file. I also have this working with a special build of HappyJTAG2 but I don't have it handy to post right now.

Jack.

Jack, you nailed that one. It's been a while since I worked with an Atmel AVR part. I was hoping they had extended the USB interface to alleviate the need for an initial programming device. Looking for my AVR programmer at the office. Hopefully, this evening I'll be able to burn a hex file and check out the processor section. I have high hopes that everything is ok since it is recognized on the USB.

Enjoy!

Bill

Archived