programming spi flash with bit pattern doesn't write fpga on power on

Chris_C

in case it helps

Using devlist.txtJTAG chainpos: 0 Device IDCODE = 0x24001093	Desc: XC6SLX9Using devlist.txtJTAG chainpos: 0 Device IDCODE = 0x24001093	Desc: XC6SLX9Uploading "/opt/GadgetFactory/papilio-loader/programmer/bscan_spi_xc6slx9.bit". DNA is 0x79245c2382ffd5feDone.Programming time 541.3 msProgramming External Flash Memory with "/home/chris/development/papilio/test1/main.bit".Found Macronix Flash (Pages=32768, Page Size=256 bytes, 67108864 bits).Programming :......OkDone.SPI execution time 6748.1 msUSB transactions: Write 4174 read 4005 retries 3579Using devlist.txtJTAG chainpos: 0 Device IDCODE = 0x24001093	Desc: XC6SLX9ISC_Done       = 1ISC_Enabled    = 0House Cleaning = 1DONE           = 1

that was exactly the issue! thanks so much!

I do wonder why "normal" mode doesn't do an erase as a matter of course, a write without erase isn't really much use! unless you are programming different sections of the flash but then by definition that's advanced and anyhow it could be a partial erase no?

owch did I spoil your fun, mind you I bet you, getting the pap programmer working for the first time was a buzz! I like the way it programs the fpga to take over the jtag pins for some functions and that you can do a number of different things not just send a bit pattern, its always worth improving a nice tool...