Problems with Papilio Arcade Blaster App


Recommended Posts

funny story.. i set up a gamebase (alternative to the java software for the papilio arcade)

was checking it out and just saw this in the batchfile (from 2 years ago..) ::



ECHO Papilio Pro Detected (Unsupported at this time.. Bother Jack)


SET PapilioHW=hardware_p1_500K
GOTO NextStep

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, so I just connected an Arcade MegaWing to the Papilio Pro here and it doesn't work for me either... I tried to load the Pong demo to a Papilio Pro with an Arcade MegaWing and experienced the same problem...


After looking at the Arcade Blaster log file I saw that there was an error when trying to upload with SPI Flash. I upgraded papilio-prog and it then started working for me...


Please give this a try and see if it works for you too.


Replace the programmer/win32/papilio-prog.exe file with the file attached here.


Ultimately I would like to move away from the Arcade Blaster App. It's just not flexible to handle all the games that are available for the A2601 project. I tried to figure out a way to add support in the existing framework and didn't see any way, I would have to do some serious rewritting of the app, which I'm not to keen to do...


I'm going to be thinking of a better way to integrate everything into DesignLab because I want to add all of these projects in a way that they can be used to make custom circuits... So hopefully I will come up with a better solution that will make the Arcade Blaster app obsolete soon. 


The other option was a ROM management tool that someone posted before. It not only managed ROMs for you but also allowed you to launch them, which we could integrate with Papilio Loader. I don't remember the name of it but it would be much, much easier to use and support then the Arcade Blaster app...



Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.