transform papilio duo 2Mb into 512kB project

sandro

Hi,

I've been developping some for some time a programm for the Papilio Duo 2MB (I didn't started this project, and the person who did left). So far, everything works well.

If i'm not mistaken, the only part of the board using the SDRAM is the ZPUino (Vanilla v2.0). I have less than 20kB of code, so using a 2MB Papillio is a bit overkill. Therefore, when I wanted to make a second such board, I ordered the 512kB version that is cheaper.

The problem is that now only part of the functionnalities work (I'm doing a kind of PID contoler : the input stage and one of the outputs works, but the second output (with lower bandwidth but better resolution) doesn't work, even if I plug it on the same external hardware).

I suspect that I missed some parameter to change when switching between 2MB and 512KB. For the moment, the only thing I found to change was the type of board in DesignLab. However, I suppose that there is also something to change in ISE? Would one of you be so kind as to explain me what I have to change?

Thanks a lot in advance

Best

felix

PS : in addition to the ZPU, there are also some pieces of VHDL and schematics I did (but that don't use SDRAM) and a few pieces from libraries (I see no reason for them to use SRAM either)

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Sandro,

The only thing that is different between the 2MB and 512KB boards should be that in the 2MB board there is one extra address line that the 2MB chip provides. The circuit board is exactly the same, its just that on the 512KB board that address line connects to a pin that does nothing while on the 2MB board it gives access to more address space.

Jack.