Papilio DUO Device Descriptor request failed

Axeman Falcon

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

AVR usb is recognized but FPGA gives me a device not recognized.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all software 3 times.

I disable the enabled but that didn't work. I've tried uninstalling all usb drivers then installing only what the computer installs automatically then reinstalling software and driver but that didn't work.

The user led is blinking, jumper is in correct position for FPGA USB. In device manager i'Ve checked show hidden devices under view. Two driver for papilio DUO FPGA serial converter A and B show up.

I Have tried plugging directly into computer usb3 and usb2 and also tried usb hub for extra power but still no luck.

I'm using windows 8.1 any suggestions on what i might try next.

Oh! I read this wrong:

The user led is blinking, jumper is in correct position for FPGA USB. In device manager i'Ve checked show hidden devices under view. Two driver for papilio DUO FPGA serial converter A and B show up.

Those devices show up when you click hidden devices? So that means they were there once... Do you have a different cable you can try? Does the connector feel loose or anything?

Jack.

Tried different cords but still not working. I tried uninstalling all usb drivers and then plugged it in without manually installing drivers. I let Windows 8.1 install all the necessary drivers by itself and then it worked. :D

Not sure why it worked that way, maybe had something to do with multiple hard drives and file path.

Thanks for your help. Some times 2 head are better than 1.