Case?

Maara

Hello everyone,

I just got back from a week long vacation, but I talked to OS1R1s before leaving about the cases and he said that he thinks he will have them done at the end of March. I'll follow up with him and see where we stand, it would be great to get them out to everyone.

Jack.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Jack, knowing this came from a third party I do not hold you responsible.

The quality of this case is really poor. As was mentioned above one screw is not possible to use because of hitting a connector. There are places in the design where the walls of the case are just way too thin, hence the breakages. Plus I wasn't expecting to have to figure out how to assemble it, what on earth are the four "O" rings for? Looks like some kid of spacer for the board.

Sid.

Thanks Jack, knowing this came from a third party I do not hold you responsible.

The quality of this case is really poor. As was mentioned above one screw is not possible to use because of hitting a connector. There are places in the design where the walls of the case are just way too thin, hence the breakages. Plus I wasn't expecting to have to figure out how to assemble it, what on earth are the four "O" rings for? Looks like some kid of spacer for the board.

Sid.

@Sid,

From playing with my, albeit broken, case, I believe the o-rings go between the bottom later and the board to keep any PTH pins from getting bent.

I was lucky; my case arrived safe and sound.  I'm also fortunate that my work place has a wide selection of screws; I found that replacing the included screws with 5/8" 4-40 cap head screws fixed the problem with the screw by the mega/uno headers.  (I'll try to upload some pictures later)

Injection molding would help if the case was reduced to two pieces, elminating the problem-causing middle layers.

Tony, phew! Thank you for posting that yours arrived safely - it makes me feel a little bit better.   :) I had visions of every single board being damaged...

Once again, for everyone, I'm very sorry that these cases didn't work out like we hoped they would. :(

Jack.

Archived