PS2 Keyboard on zpuino with computing shield

Goos_E

Hi Alvieboy,

I am sorry that was the SD-card, but how do I use a keyboard. I am not a beginner in programming but a beginner in things like keyboards and SD cards. I was busy with Tinybasic and tried to work it with VGA and a Keyboard as input. I am getting stuck on the VGA as well. (but I think I can get out of that).

Hello Goos,

It looks like the examples for the SD library included with DesignLab 1.0.1 are not correct. Alvie and I are working to update the library, in the meantime here is an example sketch you can use:

/*  SD card test     This example shows how use the utility libraries on which the' SD library is based in order to get info about your SD card. Very useful for testing a card when you're not sure whether its working or not. created  28 Mar 2011 by Limor Fried  modified 9 Apr 2012 by Tom Igoe modified 6/3/2013 by Jack Gassett for the Papilio */ // include the SD library:#include <SD.h>#include "SPI.h"//Uncomment for the SD card on the Papilio DUO Computing Shield#define circuit Computing_Shield#define CSPIN  16#define WISHBONESLOT 12// set up variables using the SD utility library functions:Sd2Card card;SdVolume volume;SdFile root;void setup(){ // Open serial communications and wait for port to open:  Serial.begin(9600);  pinMode(CSPIN,OUTPUT);  Serial.print("\nInitializing SD card...");  // we'll use the initialization code from the utility libraries  // since we're just testing if the card is working!  if (!card.init(SPI_HALF_SPEED, CSPIN, WISHBONESLOT)) {    Serial.println("initialization failed. Things to check:");    Serial.println("* is a card is inserted?");    Serial.println("* Is your wiring correct?");    Serial.println("* did you change the chipSelect pin to match your shield or module?");    return;  } else {   Serial.println("Wiring is correct and a card is present.");   }}void loop(void) {   Serial.println("\n\nStarting Card Info:");  // print the type of card  Serial.print("Card type: ");  switch(card.type()) {    case SD_CARD_TYPE_SD1:      Serial.println("SD1");      break;    case SD_CARD_TYPE_SD2:      Serial.println("SD2");      break;    case SD_CARD_TYPE_SDHC:      Serial.println("SDHC");      break;    default:      Serial.println("Unknown");  }  // Now we will try to open the 'volume'/'partition' - it should be FAT16 or FAT32  if (!volume.init(card)) {    Serial.println("Could not find FAT16/FAT32 partition.\nMake sure you've formatted the card");    return;  }  // print the type and size of the first FAT-type volume  uint32_t volumesize;  Serial.print("\nVolume type is FAT");  Serial.println(volume.fatType(), DEC);  Serial.println();    volumesize = volume.blocksPerCluster();    // clusters are collections of blocks  volumesize *= volume.clusterCount();       // we'll have a lot of clusters  volumesize *= 512;                            // SD card blocks are always 512 bytes  Serial.print("Volume size (bytes): ");  Serial.println(volumesize);  Serial.print("Volume size (Kbytes): ");  volumesize /= 1024;  Serial.println(volumesize);  Serial.print("Volume size (Mbytes): ");  volumesize /= 1024;  Serial.println(volumesize);    Serial.println("Card Info complete, waiting 5 seconds.");  delay(5000);  }

Archived