Jack Gassett

Working on DesignLab 1.0.3 release.

Now I managed to reproduce the problem with the "New DesignLab Library" menu entry. These are the steps:

1) Uninstall and reinstall DesignLab-1.0.3 -> the file "C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\examples\Template_DesignLab_Library\edit_library.ino" is present

2) Start DesignLab

3) Click "New DesignLab Library" -> The file selection box will open as expected

4) Now press "Cancel" -> After this the file "C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\examples\Template_DesignLab_Library\edit_library.ino" is gone

5) The next attempt to click "New DesignLab Library" will now fail and only produce the Java exception reported in an earlier post.

Ok, thank you very much for your help with this. I am able to see the same results here and am going to work on a fix.

I made an official issue entry on the github project page:

https://github.com/GadgetFactory/DesignLab/issues/12

Thank you very much for identifying this issue. :)

Jack.

I'm sorry, but when I try  to further follow the steps in the "DesignLab Tour Video", I soon run into the next issue. The "Logic Analyzer" cannot be started from the menu entry. When I click on it, a command window opens, and the following is shown:

C:\DesignLab-1.0.3>cd C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools\C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools>REM set PATH=.C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools>sh.exe C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.shC:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.sh: line 16: dirname: command not foundC:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.sh: line 16: cd: /home/stm: No such file or directoryC:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.sh: line 17: basename: command not foundC:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.sh: line 28: dirname: command not foundC:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.sh: line 28: dirname: command not foundERROR: Bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.tool.i2c [4] Error starting file:/C:/DesignLab-1.0.3/tools/ols-0.9.7/plugins/i2c-1.0.1.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.tool.i2c [4]: Unable to resolve 4.0: missing requirement [4.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.api)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 6.0: missing requirement [6.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.util) [caused by: Unable to resolve 22.0: missing requirement [22.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.accessibility)]])org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.tool.i2c [4]: Unable to resolve 4.0: missing requirement [4.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.api)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 6.0: missing requirement [6.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.util) [caused by: Unable to resolve22.0: missing requirement [22.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.accessibility)]]        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3826)        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1868)        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1191)        at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:295)        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)ERROR: Bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.tool.jtag [5] Error starting file:/C:/DesignLab-1.0.3/tools/ols-0.9.7/plugins/jtag-1.0.0.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.tool.jtag [5]: Unable to resolve 5.0: missing requirement [5.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.api)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve6.0: missing requirement [6.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.util) [caused by: Unable to resolve 22.0: missing requirement [22.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.accessibility)]])org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.tool.jtag [5]: Unable to resolve 5.0: missing requirement [5.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.api)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 6.0: missing requirement [6.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.util) [caused by: Unable to resolve 22.0: missing requirement [22.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.accessibility)]]        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3826)        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1868)        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1191)        at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:295)        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)ERROR: Bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.api [6] Error starting file:/C:/DesignLab-1.0.3/tools/ols-0.9.7/plugins/api-1.0.5.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.api [6]: Unable to resolve 6.0: missing requirement [6.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.util)[caused by: Unable to resolve 22.0: missing requirement [22.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.accessibility)])org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.api [6]: Unable to resolve 6.0: missing requirement [6.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.util) [caused by: Unable to resolve 22.0:missing requirement [22.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.accessibility)]        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3826)        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1868)        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1191)        at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:295)        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)ERROR: Bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.tool.state [7] Error starting file:/C:/DesignLab-1.0.3/tools/ols-0.9.7/plugins/state-1.0.0.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.tool.state [7]: Unable to resolve 7.0: missing requirement [7.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.swing.border))org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.tool.state [7]: Unable to resolve 7.0: missing requirement [7.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.swing.border)        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3826)        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1868)        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1191)        at org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:295)        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)ERROR: Bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.export.vcd [8] Error starting file:/C:/DesignLab-1.0.3/tools/ols-0.9.7/plugins/vcd-1.0.0.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.export.vcd [8]: Unable to resolve8.0: missing requirement [8.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.api.acquisition)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 6.0: missing requirement [6.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.util) [caused by: Unable to resolve 22.0: missing requirement [22.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.accessibility)]])org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.export.vcd [8]: Unable to resolve 8.0: missing requirement [8.0] osgi.wiring.package; (&(osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.api.acquisition)(version>=1.0.0)(!(version>=2.0.0))) [caused by: Unable to resolve 6.0: missing requirement [6.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=nl.lxtreme.ols.util) [caused by: Unable to resolve 22.0: missing requirement [22.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=javax.accessibility)]]        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3826)        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1868)        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1191)<... more Java errors ...>

Edited:

Actually on the very first attempt after uninstalling and reinstalling DesignLab the following happens in the command window:

C:\DesignLab-1.0.3>cd C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools\C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools>REM set PATH=.C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools>sh.exe C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.shcygwin warning:  MS-DOS style path detected: C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.sh  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /tools/Logic_Analyzer.sh  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnamesC:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.sh: line 16: dirname: command not foundC:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.sh: line 16: cd: /home/stm: No such file or directoryC:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.sh: line 17: basename: command not foundC:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools/Logic_Analyzer.sh: line 28: dirname: command not foundMõr 03, 2015 10:48:35 PM nl.lxtreme.ols.runner.Runner <init>INFORMATION: Bootstrap complete ...Mõr 03, 2015 10:48:35 PM nl.lxtreme.ols.runner.Runner <init>INFORMATION:   plugin dir: C:\DesignLab-1.0.3\tools\ols-0.9.7\plugins

Then nothing more happens. The window must be closed with the close button.

Ok, this issue seems to be related to the fact that I'm relying on a JRE or JDK to be in the path and the latest Java update doesn't seem to be working with the OLS client anymore. When I modify the Logic_Analyzer.sh file that gets called and explicitly point to the java binary included with DesignLab then the client works again. Going to update in the next release.

Jack.

Ok, thank you very much for your help with this. I am able to see the same results here and am going to work on a fix.

I made an official issue entry on the github project page:

https://github.com/GadgetFactory/DesignLab/issues/12

Thank you very much for identifying this issue. :)

Jack.

I'm glad to hear that this helps, thanks.

Apart from the actual bug that pressing Cancel tries to delete the file, shouldn't the whole DesignLab installation directory be write-protected so a normal user cannot modify or delete any file in there?

Stephan

Due to cross platform issues its not so simple as making the directory write protected. The Arduino code instead checks the directory to see if writing is allowed. This has got to be some bug that I introduced when I added the code for copying a library.