Stack dump trying to access circuit for BitCoin_Miner example

PeterH

I've run several examples now but one that I can't get to work is the Papilio_DUO_BitCoin_Miner example. When I try to load, view or edit the circuit associated with this sketch I get a stack trace in the IDE message area, for example:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1214	at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)	at processing.app.EditorToolbar.getKeyWord(EditorToolbar.java:520)	at processing.app.EditorToolbar.getLibraryFile(EditorToolbar.java:461)	at processing.app.EditorToolbar.mousePressed(EditorToolbar.java:417)	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

There is a library named BitCoin_Miner containing a circuit subdirectory, and as far as I can see this is what the #define circuit BitCoin_Miner declaration is intended to reference, but for some reason it's not working.

I have confirmed that in other examples, if a non-existent circuit is referenced the IDE handles that gracefully. However, for the Papilio_DUO_BitCoin_Miner example, if I change the sketch to reference a non-existent circuit this still throws an exception. I suspect there's something wrong with the structure of the Papilio_DUO_BitCoin_Miner example which is breaking the IDE's circuit-processing logic.

Has anyone alse managed to open this example in the IDE and Load, View or Edit the circuit?

• 2 years later...

I too am trying to get this example to work.  It seems there are several Python files that are necessary that I can't seem to locate.  Is there a target version of Python that I should be using that have these libraries?  Or, are these Python libraries available anywhere for me to add to the project?

Thanks to all who can answer

Archived