Jack Gassett

Papilio DUO - Prototype builds and testing!

Hey, lots of good progress.

I've tested all of the major functionality and everything works as expected. The missing VBUS connection was driving me crazy so I updated the design and ordered a new batch of boards, this time with black soldermask and red silkscreen. I'm expecting the new boards early next week. The big difference with the new board is that I removed the HDMI connector, it just wasn't working. It caused too much interference with the shared lines and it was too big and awkward. The plan is to make a HDMI wing instead...

One very cool thing that is working is full debugging of the atmega32u4 using the HappyJTAG2 software. HappyJTAG2 emulates an atmel mkii device and allows break points, single stepping etc. It worked really well and is going to be very useful. :)

I have the design submitted to Seeed Studio to get a quote so I can set some pricing, they expect to get me some numbers this week.

I'm also working on the Kickstarter project as we speak. I just started brainstorming and am currently getting all of the ideas down on paper. Once I have a rough draft I'll share it here and ask for feedback.

Right now is the tedious and boring grunt work. :) It gets hard to slog through all of it and its pretty boring. The fun and easy part is designing and testing out the board, the hard part is bringing it to market...

Jack

Hi Jack,

How are you getting on with the DUO? I hope you've made good progress and the board works fine.

Any timing yet when you could sell the boards?

-Dan

Hey Dan,

I'm just finishing up a Kickstarter right now. The video is the final piece, I'm hoping to finalize the video this week and get the Kickstarter released. One of the downsides of a Kickstarter is that it always takes longer then you expected to get one done.

Jack.

Hi                                                                 http://reprap.org/wiki/MetalicaRap#Power_supply_MetalicaRapBabe_for_builders

from MetalicaRap team

Our 4.6KW SMPS which will offer outputs between 63KV at13.6mA down 23KV boards are at the checking stage. Once the software is finished the parts should be under 1.5Keuro (these currently sell for 20K euro). Software is a challenge though.

Do you have a 3D model of Papilio Duo that we can load in freecad  http://sourceforge.net/projects/free-cad/ as we would like to check our piggyback SMPS boards match. 

Keep up the great work

kind regards

Rapatan

( Due to the flexible topology, tweaking windings, output boards and output  resistors will enable topology to go down to 18V 250A.)

can you help us out with how to blink an led on and off using switches using papilio duo drag and drop by posting a video of how to do it.