blipton

Downloading from Gadgetforge - Stepper Controller Peripheral Core

Hi,

I stumbled upon Gadgetforge as I was looking for a simple stepper motor design to play with on a cypress psoc board.     I wish I would have known about the Papilio before I bought it.. the cypress psoc board is a bit more complicated for a newbie.

Anyways, I understand the code at the old site , is outdated compared to Papilio.cc / github.com.. however I can't seem to find the referenced verilog & vhdl files anywhere:

http://gadgetforge.gadgetfactory.net/gf/project/stepper_core/  (BPW5005_1axis_Stepper_Controller_Core.v ? BPW5005_1axis_Stepper_Controller_Core.vhd ?)

The only file that looks close, the registers don't seem to match the old tutorial..

https://github.com/GadgetFactory/ZPUino-HDL/blob/master/zpu/hdl/zpuino/contrib/papilio_stepper/papilio_stepper.vhd

Are the old files still available anywhere?   I'd be eternally grateful if someone could post it here, or PM / email it (my username @ lycos dot com).

Thanks!

Ben

Thanks,   I didn't think the registers matched the tutorial, but I see that they do now!  My vhdl isn't as good as my verilog, which isn't very good either I'm afraid   :unsure:  .  And to make matters worse I had to massage the file in order for it to synthesize on my wishbone-less design!    (Who would've thought wishbone needs not only CS/WE but also CYC and STB to latch data?!)

Regarding the calculations, if I understand correctly, the system clock (in mhz) goes to the SMTBASE register, while the step frequency (in microseconds) is written to SMPERIOD, correct?

There's a note on the old page about a header file containing macros for the above calculations (I assume also for the prescaler).. is that in the Arduino / Papilio sketch?

It's been too long since I did anything with that core, I don't remember what the registers do. I do know there was no header file anywhere...

Attached is the sketch I have that I used to test the core, maybe that can shed some light.

Jack.