robert

how to get an anakog input

Is this sensor classified Top Secret or would you care to enlighten us with some more details? We don't mind helping you out if we can, but you have to meet us half way with some information. So far you have told us nothing.

the only information who matters is the infra red sensor has a out put voltage between 0 and 3.3 V i need to get its precise voltage in order to determine the distance of an object

The Spartan FPGAs have no A/D converters built in so there in no easy way to sample an analog voltage directly. There are hacks where you could use a couple of pins and some external logic to make an A/D but frankly your best bet is to buy an A/D converter. I suggest you look at http://digilentinc.com in their PMOD section and buy something suitable. I have personally purchased a PmodAD2 which is a serial (SPI) A/D based on a AD7991 chip with four analog inputs and I would recommend that.

Also I should say that since the Papilio can't accept PMODs directly you need some accessories such as these to hook up PMODs to the board.

TILE_2PinMTE_150.jpg  TILE_6PinMTE_150.jpg and TILE_1x6header_150.jpg