RetroCade Professional Case

andymanone

It sounds like you may have selected a process or material that shapeways has trouble with. The design features are driven by what I have found to be good solutions that avoid printing defects on hobby grade printers, when printing large flat hollow boxes.

If you like, I will put one up on eBay for you.

• 1 month later...

Any news on having a case available? I tried to submit the STL to many online 3D printing shops and tried out different materials, but they all refused printing because the walls were too thin and it did not fit their requirements, so now I am still stuck without a case. If anyone can put up a reasonable priced case for sale and delivery to Germany or tell me where I can print it myself, I would be very happy!

Hi Toby,

I was offering in my previous post to put one up on eBay for you, but you did not respond, so I did not follow up.  If you want me to proceed, I will put one up for you, and anyone else interested.  Cost will be $20 U.S.D. + Shipping

The material and color will be whatever I happen to have on hand.  If you want a particular color/material, I will accept a 1kg spool of 3mm filament (Drop-Shipped) as payment, and waive the shipping cost.  There is an eBay vendor that I use http://www.ebay.com/usr/rainbot3d with good quality plastics.  If you want to go this route, I will provide the mailing address where you can send the spool.

Any news on having a case available? I tried to submit the STL to many online 3D printing shops and tried out different materials, but they all refused printing because the walls were too thin and it did not fit their requirements, so now I am still stuck without a case. If anyone can put up a reasonable priced case for sale and delivery to Germany or tell me where I can print it myself, I would be very happy!

Hi wildseyed,

I immediately replied to your message back in November as a private message on this board, maybe you have not seen it yet?

Anyway, depending on the shipping cost, I might be interested (color of the case does not matter to me). Can you evaluate how much it would cost to send it to me in Germany?

Thanks,

Toby

Hi Toby,

I was offering in my previous post to put one up on eBay for you, but you did not respond, so I did not follow up.  If you want me to proceed, I will put one up for you, and anyone else interested.  Cost will be $20 U.S.D. + Shipping

The material and color will be whatever I happen to have on hand.  If you want a particular color/material, I will accept a 1kg spool of 3mm filament (Drop-Shipped) as payment, and waive the shipping cost.  There is an eBay vendor that I use http://www.ebay.com/usr/rainbot3d with good quality plastics.  If you want to go this route, I will provide the mailing address where you can send the spool.

Shipping to Germany via First Class Mail will be approximately $12.00

Hi wildseyed,

I immediately replied to your message back in November as a private message on this board, maybe you have not seen it yet?

Anyway, depending on the shipping cost, I might be interested (color of the case does not matter to me). Can you evaluate how much it would cost to send it to me in Germany?

Thanks,

Toby

• 3 weeks later...

You guys mention a lot of substantive issues about the case, but I think style is also important. It should have a subtle homage to the C64 or the Nintendo. Like two tones of grey and white plastic with little vents. Will give it quite a bit more commercial appeal. Maybe source the parts from old dysfunctional C64s.

Archived