Rebuilding Arduino IDE

Hans

Hi,

how can I rebuild the Arduino IDE for the papilio board?  I have tried cloning  git://github.com/GadgetFactory/Papuino.git and building that, but that just yields a standard Arduino build, the Papuino based hardware is not available in the Tools/Board menu.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hans

Hans,

I forked the Arduino repository into Papuino with the intention of rebasing my changes into it and upgrading to the latest version. Along the way I realized that it was a bit of a pointless exercise since the new Arduino version 1.5 adds support for 3rd party toolchains. So I never ended up making any commits to the Papuino fork, instead I got everything working with Arduino 1.5. Take a look at this thread, it has all the information and files.

I deleted the Papuino repository since it is just a straight fork of Arduino with no commits.

If you really want the code base for the Arduino 0018 release it is here in the old revision control system.

Jack

Hans,

I just realized something last night, I think I sent you in the wrong direction here. The work above is for the AVR8 Soft Processor but the RetroCade Synth uses the ZPUino Soft Processor and Alvaro has his own ZPUino version of the Arduino IDE.

The source code for the ZPUino IDE is here:

https://github.com/alvieboy/ZPUino

The ZPUino toolchain and other things are located here:

http://www.alvie.com/zpuino/download.html

I think someone was working on getting it to work under OS X at one point, all of the tools should compile under that OS.

Jack.

Jack,

thanks for the corrected pointer to the IDE.  I could build it with no changes on Linux, and with just a little fix I could then build the sketch on Linux.  I've sent you a pull request for the minor issue that I have.

Thanks again for your support!

-Hans

Archived