Sega Master System on the Papilio plus

ben

I just realized last night that with the changes you made to papilio-prog it should be possible to support the Arcade MegaWing on the Papilio Plus now?

Do you have an Arcade MegaWing?

That was my idea.

I do have an Arcade Megawing, but I can't get it to show an image. I suspect that something is wrong with the 'big' resistors that you put in place of the CMS on the vga sync lines: one of them moves a little bit, so the solder must be broken. I'll try again sometime.

In the meantime, I got a full NTSC version to work, although the image is a bit blurry (the tv output wing is cheap and cool, but a real ntsc encoder chip would do a better job) I'll post it whenever I get the chance.

I do have an Arcade Megawing, but I can't get it to show an image. I suspect that something is wrong with the 'big' resistors that you put in place of the CMS on the vga sync lines: one of them moves a little bit, so the solder must be broken. I'll try again sometime.

In the meantime, I got a full NTSC version to work, although the image is a bit blurry (the tv output wing is cheap and cool, but a real ntsc encoder chip would do a better job) I'll post it whenever I get the chance.

I uploaded the three bit file (vga wing, tv wing and megawing) on github: https://github.com/ben0109/Papilio-Master-System/tree/71efd96efc8ba5b58bb744b3afb0da33ef784bda/vhdl. I could not get the Megawing version to work, but I suspect a hardware issue: please let me know if you can get it to work.

I described the wings layout for tv/vga versions in the README file.

I uploaded the three bit file (vga wing, tv wing and megawing) on github: https://github.com/ben0109/Papilio-Master-System/tree/71efd96efc8ba5b58bb744b3afb0da33ef784bda/vhdl. I could not get the Megawing version to work, but I suspect a hardware issue: please let me know if you can get it to work.

soldering the broken connection I finally got the image... but there seems to be many weird problems: slooooow motion, broken graphics etc.

I suspect a power issue,as the music makes interferences on the screen although the two circuits are totally independant (logically and electrically). I tried with both the USB power lines and an external transformer: same interferences, same issues.

Has anyone run into something like that ?

I'm pretty sure the MegaWing board I sent you was probably the very first one I built before I had all the correct parts dialed in.

We need to get you a up to date board...

I just tried to load Shinobi, this is what I did:

• I downloaded your fork of papilio-prog and compiled it.
  • I program Shinobi.sms to sram with:
  • ./papilio-prog.exe -S p -B bscan_sram.bit -f Shinobi.sms
  • Then I load sms_megawing_final.bit to the board.
  • It comes up and says it could not find SD card but I choose "boot SRAM"
  • It starts to boot but nothing happens...

Jack.

• 6 months later...

Archived