ben

Sega Master System on the Papilio plus

I just realized last night that with the changes you made to papilio-prog it should be possible to support the Arcade MegaWing on the Papilio Plus now?

Do you have an Arcade MegaWing?

That was my idea.

I do have an Arcade Megawing, but I can't get it to show an image. I suspect that something is wrong with the 'big' resistors that you put in place of the CMS on the vga sync lines: one of them moves a little bit, so the solder must be broken. I'll try again sometime.

In the meantime, I got a full NTSC version to work, although the image is a bit blurry (the tv output wing is cheap and cool, but a real ntsc encoder chip would do a better job) I'll post it whenever I get the chance.

Hello, I couldn't find any reference to what your source code is licensed under on GitHub. I found a bit of code in there I'd like to borrow  :)

I do have an Arcade Megawing, but I can't get it to show an image. I suspect that something is wrong with the 'big' resistors that you put in place of the CMS on the vga sync lines: one of them moves a little bit, so the solder must be broken. I'll try again sometime.

In the meantime, I got a full NTSC version to work, although the image is a bit blurry (the tv output wing is cheap and cool, but a real ntsc encoder chip would do a better job) I'll post it whenever I get the chance.

I uploaded the three bit file (vga wing, tv wing and megawing) on github: https://github.com/ben0109/Papilio-Master-System/tree/71efd96efc8ba5b58bb744b3afb0da33ef784bda/vhdl. I could not get the Megawing version to work, but I suspect a hardware issue: please let me know if you can get it to work.

I described the wings layout for tv/vga versions in the README file.

I uploaded the three bit file (vga wing, tv wing and megawing) on github: https://github.com/ben0109/Papilio-Master-System/tree/71efd96efc8ba5b58bb744b3afb0da33ef784bda/vhdl. I could not get the Megawing version to work, but I suspect a hardware issue: please let me know if you can get it to work.

soldering the broken connection I finally got the image... but there seems to be many weird problems: slooooow motion, broken graphics etc.

I suspect a power issue,as the music makes interferences on the screen although the two circuits are totally independant (logically and electrically). I tried with both the USB power lines and an external transformer: same interferences, same issues.

Has anyone run into something like that ?

I'm pretty sure the MegaWing board I sent you was probably the very first one I built before I had all the correct parts dialed in.

We need to get you a up to date board...

I just tried to load Shinobi, this is what I did:

• I downloaded your fork of papilio-prog and compiled it.
  • I program Shinobi.sms to sram with:
  • ./papilio-prog.exe -S p -B bscan_sram.bit -f Shinobi.sms
  • Then I load sms_megawing_final.bit to the board.
  • It comes up and says it could not find SD card but I choose "boot SRAM"
  • It starts to boot but nothing happens...

Jack.

actually you are right they are bad. they open for me but they don't extract. says they are corrupt. means jack or dhia needs to replace them.

Sorry guys the files were corrupted due to the forum conversion I just updated all the files in this topic download and try them now