Other FPGAs?

Guest 3DMahdi

Guest 3DMahdi

Hi

I have to make a FPGA board with 2 Spartan 3(XC3S400) chips and I want to use FT2232D to program FPGAs with USB. can I use parts of your project?

In case of yes? Is this work with XC3S400? can I use butterfly loader for XC3S400?

Thanks in advance.

Guest 3DMahdi

Because I have multiple I/Os and maybe one FPGA isn't enough and due to some restrictions I can't use bigger FPGA. this is not a big problem if there is limitation in programming multiple FPGAs, I can program them separately. But please say if there is limit in Jtag chain to consider in design.

I only want programmer section and how to connect it to FPGA. is there any source to "Butterfly platform one"? I can't find it in site.

this my first big project and is very important for me, please tell me anything you think is useful.

Thanks

3DMahdi,

The Papilio Loader should support the spartan 3 parts, but like Alvaro says there is no support for multiple parts on a jtag chain.

The source for the Papilio Loaders is here:

http://gadgetforge.gadgetfactory.net/gf/project/butterflyloader/scmsvn/

And will soon be relocated here:

https://github.com/GadgetFactory/Papilio-Loader

Jack.

Guest 3DMahdi

Thank you jack

We have designed a FPGA board before there is one XC3S400 an FT2232D in that board but we couldn't program it with Butterfly loader 1.4. We have installed D2XX driver and UART mode works good.

what do you think is wrong? We can send you schematics of our board if needed. I think we can't enable mpsse mode to work with jtag. I know very little about programming languages. :(

When I Drag and drop a  *.bit file onto the Papilio_Loader.bat file. it shows this error:

"bash.exe" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

and what is internal-device list? how can I add XC3s400?

Thanks

Have you connected channel B of the FT2232 so that it connects the appropriate MPSSE pins to the jtag pins of the FPGA?

As far as the bash.exe issue, do you have the supporting files for the Papilio Loader. The bat file needs the included bin directory as well.

Jack.

Guest 3DMahdi

Channel B? MPSSE only availables for Channel A! yes we have connected port A to Jtag pins of FPGA. I will send PM with schematics.

I have downloaded Papilio_Loader.zip with all directories included.

Guest 3DMahdi

I have tested Papilio Loader in another system, there is no bash.exe error, but now shows this error:

" using built-in device list.

Cannot find device having IDcode=XXXXXXXX."

IDcode changes when I bypass buffer or eeprom:

00000001 default

00000011 no eeprom

00000040 no buffer

00003003 no buffer and no eeprom.

What is built-in device list? how can I add XC3S400 to this list?

thanks

Guest 3DMahdi

Jack,

I have the bsdl file but I don't know how to use xc3sprog, have you any documentations? I couldn't find in project's site.

thanks.

EDIT: Forget xc3sprog, it only works on linux. how you have created "bscan_spi_xc3s100e.bit"? do you think by creating "bscan_spi_xc3s400.bit" we can add this device to internal device-list?

Archived