Multiple arduino controlers working in one board to process signals in parrellel

Guest josheeg

Guest josheeg

Multiple arduino controlers working in one board to process signals in parrellel.

How many arduinos can you fit in parrellel? How would they be programmed?

Guest Bryan Pape

Hi Josh,

Jack and I have actually talked about doing this someday just as a way to demonstrate how powerful these chips can be.  In theory, it should be possible to run at least two AVR8 cores in parallel on a Papilio One 500K. 

As far as what's involved?  Jack may have more to add here, but I believe that doing this would likely first involve using Xilinx's Webpack to amalgamate two instances of the AVR8 core.  You'll have to keep in mind that they'll both need to share a single top-level file, .ucf file, physical i/o pins, etc and then be synthesized into a single .bit file. 

The second factor involved is that you'll need to alter the Papilio/Butterdfly loader to load a second .hex file into the correct location in BRAM.

I personally think the idea of a "dualcore Arduino" is pretty cool... You should definitely let us know if you pull it off.

-Bryan

Archived