Papilio Pro + LogicStart audio bit file

Luís Marques

just checked the GF github.

the ArcadeBlaster app supports the LogicStart for the PacMan game.. so you should be able to run the Pong demo on it.

you will need java 

irc you just open up settings in the UI and choose the right board then select pong and load game. (if no sound, try finding pacman since i dont 

remember if the pong demo has sound)

there is a youtube video that shows you how to use it.. 

you can try my ROMVault Papilio Edition, but iirc i didnt bother adding in the LogicStart files since only PacMan hardware is supported

if you have issues, let me know and i see if i can be of further assistance..

let us know how you get on

• 3 weeks later...

On Windows 8 ArcadeBlaster didn't seem to work properly. I installed it on a Windows XP VM, but I didn't manage to get PacMan (or any other thing, IIRC) working on a Papilio Pro + LogicStart.

I managed to get the DesignLab working on Windows XP (I didn't try it on newer Windows versions), and I tested that the audio DAC on my LogicStart is still working. I thought I had managed to blew it up somehow (although I don't know how I would blow up an RC filter), but it's working all right. (The audio jack doesn't seem to like stereo plugs though, if you insert the jack fully it only plays the mono audio on one side...)

Now I have to figure out why the audio doesn't work correctly on my own RTL... I figured out the original problem (I had used the sox program to convert all my audio files to a known 8-bit 11K bitrate raw format, but I hadn't specified unsigned PCM, and my delta-sigma logic was using unsigned integers) but while diagnosing this issue the sound started playing at an extremely low volume and with an high pitch noise, and I'm not figuring out what's wrong... and I didn't keep a commit with the original design >< ...)

Thanks for the help!

• 4 months later...

The Logicstart wing has only mono audio, however it should play through both sides if you plug in stereo headphones. I vaguely remember something about a layout error involving the audio, I don't remember if it's related to this though. If it is then a simple bridge wire between two pins on the phone jack would fix it.