Cannot Program AVR

Wjbillett

I recently received my Papilio DUO Board and I have been working through the examples.

I am using Designlab 1.0.7 on a Windows 10 Machine.

I have reinstalled the drivers and checked "Load VCP" etc as you suggested in your Windows 10 Driver Fix Video. The drivers load without an error and the board is

recognized. I can see the AVR Driver on COM 3 in Device manager just as I can see the FPGA Device Driver.

I can Program the FPGA with Vanilla ZPUino and everything works fine. I can burn bitfile for the blank circuit but when I try to load the "Hello World" sketch to the

AVR I get the following Error (I am sure that I have chosen the correct board and COM port):

Executing C:\DesignLab-1.0.7/hardware/tools/zpu/bin/zpu-elf-size C:\Users\William\AppData\Local\Temp\build1512147331134251128.tmp/test1.cpp.elf

Binary sketch size: 7,856 bytes (of a 2,048,000 byte maximum) - 6,464 bytes ROM, 2,484 bytes memory, 0% used

Sketch uses 5,372 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 2,048,000 bytes.

Global variables use 1,092 bytes of dynamic memory.

Error in ReadFile(): 998

Cannot get programmer version, aborting

Could not contact ZPUino embedded programmer.

The more common reasons for this are:

a) You are not specifying the correct port. The port currently selected is 'COM3'

B) The board FPGA is not programmed with a valid ZPUino bitfile.

c) The board is properly not powered.

Please review all of above, if problem persists please contact support.

the selected serial port Please review all of above, if problem persists please contact support.

does not exist or your board is not connected

Any Ideas about what might be wrong?

Yes when I checked the correct AVR Board it worked. Thank you! I had to install and reinstall the drivers several times last night before I could get it to do anything and had not rechecked this. Did not work the first time I reinstalled them but now working fine so I appreciate your videos and your help.