The DesignLab installer won't even run

Catsceo

Hey everyone, I just received my Papilio and I'm looking forward to using it, but I can't even get the DesignLab installer to open on my machine.  I'm running Windows 8.1, if thats an issue.  I have the Arduino IDE installed and it recognizes the AVR side of my Papilio.  I'm not sure how to proceed from here, any pointers would be appreciated.

Hello, 

Is there any kind of error message? Maybe the download was not completed or something?

Jack.

Sadly no, all I get is a spinning loading cursor.  I redownloaded the installer and tried again, same results.  I've rebooted my machine and run as admin as well.  No difference.

If you use something like winzip or winrar or 7-zip you should be able to open up the executable and unzip it manually. Then there should be some kind of executable that you can run from there.

This is very strange, I'm kind of grasping for straws here...

I do use the same installer that the Arduino project does so maybe a search for similar problems will help.

Jack.

If you use something like winzip or winrar or 7-zip you should be able to open up the executable and unzip it manually. Then there should be some kind of executable that you can run from there.

This is very strange, I'm kind of grasping for straws here...

I do use the same installer that the Arduino project does so maybe a search for similar problems will help.

Jack.

Well after leaving it spinning for awhile, Windows Explorer locks up.  If I try to open the .exe in winrar it locks winrar up.

So I guess I'll have to try Linux?