Endless sounds on channel 2-6

Shoryuken

Hi,

I have read some similar problems on the forum but I can't find a solution. Sorry if have not looked well enough  :unsure:

When I select the channel 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 (with the joystick menu) and I play some notes with my MIDI keyboard, the sounds don't stop (until I play an other note)

The channel 1 is the only one on which the sounds ends when I release the key.

I think it's not related to my MIDI keyboard : I can see all the NoteOff MIDI messages in the console.

I have tried a few things, for example

- set channel 3 or 4 as default channel

- set the same SID instruments on channel 1 and 2.

- play with the Retrocade Synth Dashboard via USB

But it always produces the same problem.

The problem happens both when I load the Audio_Retrocade_Synth example with DesignLab and when I load the .BIT file (RetroCade-1.3-zpuino-2.0-PapilioPro-S6LX9-RetroCade-1.3- B) with the PapilioLoader.

Unfortunately, my MIDI controller send notes only through Channel 1. I don't have the possibility to send notes directly over the other MIDI channels.

Any idea ?

Thanks

Thank you Jack ! You have guided me to the solution ! I've finally found :)

In Audio_RetroCade_Synth.ino, in the HandleNoteOn function, I've replaced

lastpitch[channel-1]=pitch;byte activeChannel = retrocade.getActiveChannel();if ( activeChannel != 0 )  channel = activeChannel;

by :

byte activeChannel = retrocade.getActiveChannel();if ( activeChannel != 0 )  channel = activeChannel;lastpitch[channel-1]=pitch;

This line always prevented the HandleNoteOff function to work when channel != 1 :

if (lastpitch[channel-1]!=pitch) { return; }