Unable to Download Papilio Arduino IDE

Hi,

When I try to download the Papilio Arduino IDE using the link on this page:

http://papilio.cc/index.php?n=Papilio.ArduinoCore

it says the page is unavailable.

Also when trying to simulate the AVR8 and custom user cores, I am unable to compile the C code written in the Arduino IDE. I assume it is because I cannot select the "Gadget Factory Papilio Custom Board" under Tools->Board. 

Hello,

That is an older project, all the latest stuff is using the ZPUino IDE with DesignLab, so I would encourage you to take a look at what DesignLab has to offer.

If you want to go with the AVR8 then the last release of the ZAP IDE should do the trick I think. You can download it here:

http://forum.gadgetfactory.net/index.php?/files/file/8-zap-zpuino-arduino-papilio-ide/

Jack.

Hi,

Yes, I'm already using the ZAP IDE. I'm aware that the Papilio IDE is an older version. 

However I still cannot compile code for a custom user core. I'm trying to use the code your tutorial here (see 2nd video):

http://papilio.cc/index.php?n=Papilio.SimulateACustomAVR8UserCore

I am unable to select the "Gadget Factory Papilio Custom Board" as required by the tutorial so I simply select "Papilio Custom Bit File"

When I compile I get the following error:

0 [main] cp 788 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer.  Please report this problem to

the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:\Users\Hema\AppData\Local\Temp\build818102754688025989.tmp
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/Users/Hema/AppData/Local/Temp/build818102754688025989.tmp
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
Executing  C:\papilio-zap-ide\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-size -A C:\Users\Hema\AppData\Local\Temp\build818102754688025989.tmp/AVR8_Custom_User_Core.cpp.hex
Binary sketch size: 388 bytes (of a 16,384 byte maximum) - 2% used
java.lang.NullPointerException
at processing.app.debug.BasicUploader.uploadUsingProgrammer(BasicUploader.java:258)
at processing.app.debug.BasicUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(BasicUploader.java:62)
at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1678)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1620)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1592)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2607)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)