need help with custom case (acrylic) design

Felix

i have a pcb that i am getting ready to send out to seeedstudio (non-fpga based project)

which i would like to have a case made for, preferrably acrylic.

seeedstudio also has acrylic cutting services but you have to design your own case.

i unfortunatelly dont have the skills, nor software to do it.

i tried the eagleup/sketchup method but i couldn't get it to work right.

anyone around who could help out?

i have talked to a few people but it seems to mostly fall apart =/

Felix,

I use openscad. It is free and if your more of a programmer type it is easier to use. You don't draw with it just enter dimensions and shapes via text. It can export dxf for laser cutting 2d shapes or stl files for 3d printing.

Not sure if that helps.

Thanks,
Chris

Felix,

Just in case you decide to use openscad here is an example of how it is used. The attached file is an openscad script with parameters I wrote to create various size hose adapters(like dust collection or vacuum hoses). It is out on thingiverse

This file is for a 3d object. So some of the primatives you would call for a 2d object (like laser cut) might be a little different but hopefully it helps you at least see how it is used for a complicated object.

Bascically you define multiple shapes based on sizes and then translate(or move) them and join them to create larger shapes.

If you get stuck fell free to let me know and I will see if I can help out.

hose_adapter.txt

Thanks,

Chris