arnonh

More Wishbone Slots

12 posts in this topic

Yes, it is.

You can use a "hub" to demultiplex one of the existing slots into, let's say, 1-to-8. However, current software is not aware of this.

This is actually somehting I have discussed earlier with Jack.

Do you need this in a short term ?

After more thought about my problem I think thak threr might be a better solution for me than more wishbone slots

I want to talk to 12-15 Uart devices

from a block of ram (like frame buffer)

something vary smiliar to what you did for soundpuddle.

But with uart insted of SPI

Ok... all transmission-only ?

That should be fairly easy for transmission.

I have exactly the same case but I need to receive on 10 UARTs. I've been following this tutorial - http://gadgetfactory.net/learn/2013/11/15/papilio-schematic-library-10-serial-ports/- and discovered that ZPUino Soft Processor - Papilio One 500K - Vanilla - v2.0 has only 9 whishbone slots and not 10 as in the original tutorial (Whishbone Slot 7 is missing). How could I add the missing one to the equation?

One of the slots is used internally, so you only be able to access nine of them. So total number of avalable slots is 15.

One option is to create a "HUB" that will get you 15 more slots. Would that work for you ?

Let me discuss this with Jack first, because it requires changing libraries to support the new HUB functions.

Wouldn't it be easier to create one wishbone device with multiple uarts (with corresponding library) ?

Not really. I actually have been thinking about this HUB thing for some time, so it's basically already designed in my head, just needs implementation.

Only one thing missing: you need interrupts ? Will be hard to figure out where the interrupt came from (you know it's from the HUB, not necessarly from which device)

Alvie