My DUO arrived today

Corey Kosak

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine just arrived as well, however it looks like I apparently can't use it until I can find a spare jumper to use to power the board.

The directions state that you need to have the jumper in the correct position to get power from the appropriate USB port, however mine arrived with no jumper.  I'm assuming that a jumper was supposed to have been included...Has anybody else encountered that, or am I just 'lucky'?

Mine just arrived as well, however it looks like I apparently can't use it until I can find a spare jumper to use to power the board.

The directions state that you need to have the jumper in the correct position to get power from the appropriate USB port, however mine arrived with no jumper.  I'm assuming that a jumper was supposed to have been included...Has anybody else encountered that, or am I just 'lucky'?

There was an update via Kickstarter saying that Seed Studio had forgotten to ship them with the first batch, and to contact Jack if you couldn't repurpose one from something else.

Digicrat,

I'm very sorry about the jumper missing, it was a problem with every board that shipped out, unfortunately Seeed Studio missed putting them on... Please send us an email at support@gadgetfactory.net if you would like us to send you a jumper. It will be faster if you can find one from an old audio or video card, otherwise we can ship one to you right away.

Jack.

Mine arrived err... Thursday? I can't even remember, I've been too busy playing with it to care. I dug a jumper out of a bits box and it works fine.

Jack, you've done a wonderful job and my jaw hit the desk when I came across the documentation for the LogicStart Shield- so wonderfully thorough!

Although the FPGA book has yet to be updated, it's easy enough to work through and I've started the early chapters again to get back up to speed.

I can't wait to start talking to the FPGA from the AVR.

All in all, a damned good turnout for a Kickstarter- everything arrived safe 'n' sound, everything works, thorough documentation, good support all round. The only thing I'm wanting for is more time to play with it!

@Jack: Thanks for the offer,but I finally managed to scavenge one from an old IDE drive.  I missed the original KickStarter and purchased it through backerkit afterwards, so I never saw the Kickstarter update explaining the omission.  

So far, I am definitely impressed by the device and LogicStart shield and am looking forward to playing with it more.    

My next goal is to see how quickly I can port my Spartan4 VHDL final project from a class last semester over to the Papilio DUO.  The fact that it uses the same Xilinx software should make that easy ... though I still wish Xilinx would actually update it.  (I tried all of the suggested Win8 fixes on my laptop last year without success before reverting to using my desktop).

Still no joy here in Italy  :(

Hope to get it soon...

I haven't received mine either in Berkeley, California.  I wonder when I should start worrying that it got lost or stolen?  Someone else in the San Francisco Bay Area received his on 6 February.  I don't need it immediately -- I'm just a born worrier  :unsure:

Mine came five days ago, I just powered it up and test it with the hello world demo.

zpuino_vanilla worked fine with the sw1 switch on AVR reset.

Then I did upload the blank circuit with the sw1 switch up and the led was still blinking. But it wasn't the zpuino fighting with the AVR, my guess is that during the testing the AVR was programmed to flash the led.

I did program the AVR so it won't flash the led and all it's good, just got a bit confused when I was expecting the blank circuit to do nothing with the led.

I can't wait to get more free time to start interacting the AVR with the FPGA :)

Thanks Jack for an awesome board!

Now to learn Xilinx since all I've done in FPGAs was Altera based.

I haven't received mine either in Berkeley, California.  I wonder when I should start worrying that it got lost or stolen?  Someone else in the San Francisco Bay Area received his on 6 February.  I don't need it immediately -- I'm just a born worrier  :unsure:

Mine arrived 14 February, but USPS thought nobody was home and I had to pick it up today 17 February.  Looks great!  I'm looking forward to trying out DUO and making a Flavia implementation for it.

Archived