Question about Papilio Pro

Haider

thanks mr.jack

but i think spartan 6 chip from xilinx supported by matlab

or maybe not till now matlab did'nt support spartan 6 LX9 :unsure:

source :

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/DSP-Tools/Spartan-6-FPGA-LX9-Microboard-missing-hardware-co-simulation/td-p/409665

thats too bad i want to buy this board its nice and powerfull and cheap best choice for beginner :(

im going to make my order from www.seeedstudio.com

for beginner do you think this is enough mr offroad

www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Logic-Sniffer-16bit-Input-Buffer-Wing-p-721.html  

www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Open-logic-sniffer-probe-cable-p-619.html                  (X2)

www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Open-Workbench-Logic-Sniffer-p-612.html

www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Papilio-Pro-p-1301.html

i'll buy Digital Logic analyzer because its very important to me i want to understand how it work and want to learn everything about it

>> for beginner do you think this is enough mr offroad

well, enough shiny toys to keep you distracted from getting anything done for quite a while.

Nothing wrong with the products, just don't fool yourself into believing that your expertise grows with the stuff you buy.

Remember, you can get started immediately. No more excuses: Download ISE, learn to use the simulator. Build a state machine and make the (simulated) LED blink "hello world" in Morse code, make it work on whatever board.

im gowing to make my order from www.seeedstudio.com

for beginner do you think this is enough mr offroad

www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Logic-Sniffer-16bit-Input-Buffer-Wing-p-721.html  

www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Open-logic-sniffer-probe-cable-p-619.html                  (X2)

www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Open-Workbench-Logic-Sniffer-p-612.html

www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Papilio-Pro-p-1301.html

i'll buy Digital Logic analyzer because its very important to me i want to understand how it work and want to learn everything about it

You can actualy turn your Papilio Pro itself into a logic analyzer. I'm using the buffer (the IO version, not the Input only version) together with the Papilio Pro and the OpenLogic Sniffer software as my analyzer.

A Papilio digital line set to be an input should not place that much load on your test circuit as to cause a huge voltage drop. Most likely the FPGA has the internal pulldown resistors configured and they are stronger than your test circuit pullups. You should re-synthesize the bitstream with all pullup/pulldown resistors from the FPGA removed in the constraints file.

A Papilio digital line set to be an input should not place that much load on your test circuit as to cause a huge voltage drop. Most likely the FPGA has the internal pulldown resistors configured and they are stronger than your test circuit pullups. You should re-synthesize the bitstream with all pullup/pulldown resistors from the FPGA removed in the constraints file.

I have used the raw bitfile for the Papillio Pro that was posted here on the forum, in thread

http://forum.gadgetfactory.net/index.php?/topic/1925-porting-logic-analyser-from-one-to-pro/page-2#entry13904

I used them unchanged, just uploaded the file to the flash of my Pro

According to mkarlsson they are based on the sources below:

http://forum.gadgetfactory.net/index.php?/topic/1720-demon-307-ported-to-p1-250-500/#entry11322

I have not been able to replicate mkarlsson's work to regenerate for the Pro from source, I'm too novice for that at the moment. So I'm not yet able to change the pulldown settings.

Archived