Papilio One, Spartan 3E and Xlinix IDE

stonechild

Vivado does not support Spartan3 nor Spartan6, Xilinx ISE does.  Most use the free ISE Webpack.

From the Vivado documentation:

"Vivado Design Suite WebPACK Edition supports the Artix™-7 (7A35T - 7A200T), Kintex™-7 (7K70T, 7K160T) and Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoC Devices (XC7Z7010 - XC7Z7030) devices. ​"

Magnus

Magnus,

Thanks for pointing me to the right download.

Jack,

Thank you for giving me that link to the installation guide. I had gone through that path. I tried it again, though, to be sure I hadn't missed anything. It took me a couple of tries before I got the ISE activated. The first two times when I got to the licensing part, the software produced an invalid link to Xilinx's Licensing site. During the third try when I reached "Select Installation Options" I unchecked "Acquire or Manage License Keys". That resulted in activation. I ran the first project from "Introducing the Spartan 3E FPGA and VHDL" and there were no complaints about the lack of a license. It ran to completion.

I did find what may be a an outdated link in the installation guide. When I tried the first link, Xilinx’s Download page" it sent me to a signin page and then to a page which wasn't found. I used http://www.xilinx.co...t/download.html which is the page with the "ISE Design Tools" tab on it to get to the download page.

Dennis

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived