stonechild

Papilio One, Spartan 3E and Xlinix IDE

8 posts in this topic

I'm probably missing something, but how do you get Xilinx's IDE, Vivado, to recognize the Spartan 3E on the Papillio One 500k.

Vivado does not support Spartan3 nor Spartan6, Xilinx ISE does.  Most use the free ISE Webpack.

From the Vivado documentation:

"Vivado Design Suite WebPACK Edition supports the Artix™-7 (7A35T - 7A200T), Kintex™-7 (7K70T, 7K160T) and Zynq™-7000 All Programmable SoC Devices (XC7Z7010 - XC7Z7030) devices. ​"

Magnus

Magnus,

Thanks for pointing me to the right download.

Jack,

Thank you for giving me that link to the installation guide. I had gone through that path. I tried it again, though, to be sure I hadn't missed anything. It took me a couple of tries before I got the ISE activated. The first two times when I got to the licensing part, the software produced an invalid link to Xilinx's Licensing site. During the third try when I reached "Select Installation Options" I unchecked "Acquire or Manage License Keys". That resulted in activation. I ran the first project from "Introducing the Spartan 3E FPGA and VHDL" and there were no complaints about the lack of a license. It ran to completion.

I did find what may be a an outdated link in the installation guide. When I tried the first link, Xilinx’s Download page" it sent me to a signin page and then to a page which wasn't found. I used http://www.xilinx.co...t/download.html which is the page with the "ISE Design Tools" tab on it to get to the download page.

Dennis

i am not getting ucf for papilio one 500k SDRAM data as well as addresss.

The Papilio One does not have SDRAM - only the Papilio Pro does.

Mike

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question...

Jack