Fantasma25

MAX5556 Audio DAC Wing

7 posts in this topic

Hello. I'm working on a MAX5556 Audio DAC Wing and I thought I should share it here :P. It (obviously) has a MAX5556 Stereo DAC at its core, with an I2S-compatible interface and up to 50KHz sampling rate (perfect for standard 44.1 and 48 KHz sampling rates) and a resolution of 16 and 24 bits. The board does not contain any output buffer as I wanted the board to be as small as possible. It only has the MAX5556, a couple of passives and a 3.5mm stereo jack. I'll leave you with the schematics and a render of the board. Any criticism is well accepted :P I'm also prototyping a Megawing with an ADC, a DAC and an Ethernet controller to stream audio over ethernet.

kJt2oOE.png

Schematic.pdf

Fantasma,

That looks nice, what did you use to design it? Kicad?

Jack.

Yep, I used Kicad. :P. I ordered some free samples of the chip, but the pcb has not arrived yet. I'll let you know how it went.

I'm also prototyping a Megawing with an ADC, a DAC and an Ethernet controller to stream audio over ethernet.

Which ethernet controller ?

Alvie

Which ethernet controller ?

Alvie

I'm first going to try with the Microchip ENC28J60 and see how it goes :P

So you will be using a controller with an embedded stack :)

I was thinking you might be using a GMII or similar. Jack has a RGMII module but we were not able to write a controller yet for it.