VGA wing colour pins labeled wrong?

Chris_C

now it could well be me.... but if I give someone some amusement or who knows I might even have this right - nothing lost :)

given a constraints file for the pro like this (which I think I got right - pin numbers came from the pdf pin diagram)

# XC6SLX9-2-TQG144NET led1 LOC = "P112" | IOSTANDARD=LVTTL;NET CLK LOC = "P94" | IOSTANDARD=LVTTL | PERIOD=31.25ns;NET VSync LOC = "P48" | IOSTANDARD=LVTTL ; # A0NET HSync LOC = "P51" | IOSTANDARD=LVTTL; # A1NET B0 LOC = "P56" | IOSTANDARD=LVTTL; # A2NET B1 LOC = "P58" | IOSTANDARD=LVTTL; # A3NET G1 LOC = "P61" | IOSTANDARD=LVTTL; # A4NET R1 LOC = "P66" | IOSTANDARD=LVTTL; # A5NET G0 LOC = "P67" | IOSTANDARD=LVTTL; # A6NET R0 LOC = "P75" | IOSTANDARD=LVTTL; # A7CONFIG PROHIBIT=P144;CONFIG PROHIBIT=P69;CONFIG PROHIBIT=P60;

Depending which way I go (Red to Blue or Blue to Red)

--               b0<=colour(5);--               b1<=colour(4);--               g0<=colour(3);--               g1<=colour(2);--               r0<=colour(1);--               r1<=colour(0);               b1<=colour(0);               b0<=colour(1);               g1<=colour(2);               g0<=colour(3);               r1<=colour(4);               r0<=colour(5);

now taking say just the green component g1 seems to be the low bit and g0 seems to be the high bit...

While on the subject of VGA - I have to say the whole board and especially the oscilator circuit must be of high quality...

The test pattern I'm throwing up is pin sharp and rock steady.... nice....

I'd have almost expected a very slight bit of jitter or even colour crawl but no nothing!

now all I need to do is figure out how to convert some images into 6 bit per byte dithered colour and I'll be very interested to see what they look like!

Archived