serialEvent

DaveC

Does 'serialEvent' work in the ZPUino? I can't seem to get it to fire when I send a character. Do I have to turn on interrupts somehow?

Going the other way, Serial.println() works fine.

Just trying to run the SerialEvent example under ZPUino-V1.0

Eventually I will be adding the Quadrature Decoder from open-cores to the VHDL ln Papilio_one_250K-vanilla_ise as a wishbone io peripheral.

Thanks

So I found the forum discussion (thanks to vlait) which indicated a problem with interrupts due to an accidental merge (http://forum.gadgetfactory.net/index.php?/topic/1650-where-to-start-for-adding-more-chips-to-the-retrocade-synth/?hl=interrupt#entry10986).

I loaded the latest version zap-2.0.3, but still no SerialEvent interrupts.  Is there still something that I am missing?

QuickStart works which transmits serial data and uses "delay()" [which I think uses interrupts].

Thanks

The current UART does not have interrupts. This is something that will be present in ZPUino 2.0, but not available for ZPUino 1.0.

You'll have to poll the UART for now. Unless you want to try merge the 2.0/ZCoreV3 UART, but it requires also changes on the interrupt controller.

Alvie

Archived