Papilio SOC (Build System on Chip with Schematic Editor!)

Jack Gassett

I get the same error, I tried to look at all the obvious things like case sensitivity, but it seems like there is a bug in sch2hdl under linux... I'm going to have to figure out how to submit a bug report with Xilinx for this.

In the meantime I discovered that if you export all of the symbols into the project directory you can proceed. To export the symbols do this:

Tools/Symbol Library Manager

Next

In Add Symbols window, select all of the symbols and choose export to directory. Choose the project directory you want to synthesize.

Finish the wizard and it will export all the symbols to your directory and you can proceed with synthesis.

This is obviously not going to be a viable way for us to proceed, we need to get them to fix this bug under Linux...

Jack.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jack and thank you very much....

I did as you proposed and found the corresponding *.sym files in my project directory. Just for fun I copied them into the Xilinx Library Directory and deleted the sym-files after that in my project directory... eh voila it works :)

I can live with that because it's only to be done once in the "template". For simplicity it may help others to put the *.sym files into the zip file?

Many regards and thanks again, made my day :)

Peter

• 3 months later...

Hi,

+1 Argh ...I have got same error's .

Debian 7

x86_64

All schematic symbols need to be exported in root project folder ...

Other problem see with C++ symbol in libstdc++ embed with Xilinx software

Than very much too all.

Regards,

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I'm using DesignLab-020, and want to synthesize zpu for Arcade MegaWing with pull-ups enabled for joystick inputs.

I tried to copy schematic of Bricks example: ZPUino Soft Processor - Papilio One 500K - Vanilla -v2.0, HQVGA Adapter, VGA8 wing, clk_32to50dcm, VGA char map. Synthesize finishes, mapping returns with error (OVERMAPPED):

Logic Utilization

Used

Available

Utilization

Note(s)

Number of Slice Flip Flops  2,035  9,312  21%

Number of SLICEMs  9,609  2,328  412%

OVERMAPPED

Number of 4 input LUTs  27,356  9,312  293%

OVERMAPPED

Number of occupied Slices  14,071  4,656  302%  OVERMAPPED

Number of Slices containing only related logic  14,071  14,071  100%

Number of Slices containing unrelated logic  0  14,071 0%

Total Number of 4 input LUTs  27,573   9,312  296% OVERMAPPED

Number used as logic 11,962

Number used as a route-thru  217

Number used as 16x1 RAMs  2,048

Number used for Dual Port RAMs  12,288

Number used for 32x1 RAMs  1,024

Number used as Shift registers  34

Number of bonded IOBs  55  66  83%

Number of RAMB16s  20  20  100%

Number of BUFGMUXs  5  24  20%

Number of DCMs  3  4  75%

Number of MULT18X18SIOs  3  20  15%

Can anybody help?

Regards,

Peter

EDIT: Sorry for wrongly displayed table.

**Sigh**

There is always more work to be done... In this case the first problem you are running into is that HQVGA on the Papilio One 500K needs the Hyperion variant of ZPUino in order to work. Unfortunately I have not ported Hyperion to  ZPUino 2.0 yet... It was working fine with ZPUino 1.0 in ZAP, but I decided to upgrade to ZPUino 2.0 for DesignLab and Hyperion was the one variant I didn't do.

Hyperion uses less of the BRAM memory for code space so there is more available for the HQVGA adapter. With the vanilla version of zpuino on the P1 500K it uses all of the BRAM memory space for code so it is probably trying to use FPGA fabric as memory for the HQVGA and is going far, far over the resources it has available to do that... 

I'll see if I can get it up and running soon.

Jack.

Archived