hamster

Links to the old forums.

11 posts in this topic

We are working to make all those old links redirected to the new forum

Ok, all the links to the old forums should be redirected to the new forum now. Please let me know if you see problems.

Thanks!

Jack.

Ok, thank you for that heads up. I tried to rename the gadgetforum directory to forumarchive so we could still get to it if needed, but that seems to have messed up the redirect. The link you posted is working now.

Thanks,

Jack

Redirect to old link by new link become good for old visitors,who know only your old forum link so after redirect no one will get 404 error :)

Hey where are you all no more discussion are here ,i want know more and discuss more about this topic....... :)

Spygadget,

We imported all of the content from the old forum into the new forum, so there is no content in the old forum that is needed. I am pretty sure that I setup a redirect from the old forum to the new forum, but an old link will not take you to the same link in the new forum. Do you have an example link?

Jack.

Hey jack its not possible,you can't  take same link for your new redirect forum .

If I remember correctly I just setup a general purpose redirect, any link visited in the old forum takes you to forum.gadgetfactory.net. People can search for the article they were interested in the new forum, it does exist in the new forum, but obviously with a different link structure.

Jack.