Building a Williams machine

Guest sowbug

Hi folks,

I have an aging cocktail Joust and have resolved to bring it into the 21st century. I'm planning to reimplement the hardware on the Papilio Plus. I have a Papilio One on the way from Seeed, and expect to be able to get individual components of the Williams hardware running on that board while waiting for the Plus to reach production. Joust exceeds the Papilio One's limitations in several respects, for example needing 48KB RAM, so I do not expect to complete the project on the One.

Mostly just writing to say hello. Seeed takes forever to ship from Asia, of course, so meanwhile I'm collecting source code and hardware info from various sources around the web. I'll be sure to post with my updates, but you can also follow me on G+.

Mike Tsao

Thanks Mike,

Joust is one of my all time favorite games so I'm real excited about getting the Williams hardware to work on the Spartan 6 Papilio Plus boards.

I just looked at your G+ page and saw the AvecSynth, you might be interested in looking at the Gateman Poly project. I've posted source code here that works with the Papilio One, a Midi Wing, and an Audio Wing. It's a really fun project to play with.

Jack.

I just looked at your G+ page and saw the AvecSynth, you might be interested in looking at the Gateman Poly project. I've posted source code here that works with the Papilio One, a Midi Wing, and an Audio Wing. It's a really fun project to play with.

Nice. Thanks! My order from Seeed left HK a few days ago, so I guess it's somewhere in the middle of the Pacific right now. Looking forward to it.

Archived