Arduino Shields... with wires

Guest b3457m0d3

Guest b3457m0d3

so obviously form factor is an issue when it comes to using arduino shields with the papilio one board, grumble grumble get over it -- But, what if i were to throw some female headers on both boards?  Is it possible to wire the shield into the board in this way? Just got my "winged wonder" in the mail today, and i want to use my usb host mini shield.  has anyone had any success doing this?  It seems like it should be easy enough, but what pin is what? i'm still n00b status, but is there a papilio-arduino pin-mapping rosetta stone i dont know about?

Guest b3457m0d3

a good amount of effort later i find:

• MOSI = wing pin 4
  • MISO = wing pin 2
  • SCK = wing pin 3

and 3.3v & GND are obv. labeled.

Am I missing anything vital here connection-wise? 

I hope this helps someone trying to do the same.

Guest b3457m0d3

host-wing.gif

this is a picture of the usb host mini, and how it could easily be configured as a wing.  i've got the hardware side finished, anyone know how to get started porting the libraries?  even a nudge in the right direction would be incredible right now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest b3457m0d3

Spectacular, one more missing piece uncovered! *cue the Link opening a  chest sound effect* The new wiki page is definitely a very welcome  addition to my toolkit, and i would suppose a lot of people would say  the same.  And that board looks pretty awesome, keep up the good work.  I'm already itching to get back to my workshop, but the holiday season, it seems, would have other plans.  I still have a lot to learn, and I appreciate all the help I can get, my site is quasi-primetime ready, but i've already put up an article about the Papilio platform and The Gadget Factory.  More of my exploits will be recorded there as I make progress.

Archived