problem with Papilio_Loader_SPI_Flash.bat

Guest veg

Hello,

I have problem with  Papilio_Loader_SPI_Flash.bat.

I did as the tutorial , but I cannot permanently write the flash memory.

I am on windows XP and I program with the webpack of xilinx.

It works fine.

I can't find anywhere on my computer the program " Papilio_Loader_SPI_Flash.bat".

I did run Install_to_Sendto.bat and I can find the link in the sento directory.

What can I do to make it work?

thank you very much.

Hello,

I'm going to update the quickstart guide with a "Programming to SPI flash" section.

The Papilio_Loader script has been updated to include the functionality for programming SPI Flash. So there is no longer any need for the Papilio_Loader_SPI_Flash.bat file.

To load to SPI Flash you do the following. Load the generated *.bit file how you normally do, drag and drop the file onto the batch file or if you have an the extension associated then you double click on *.bit. When the dialog comes up that counts down from 5 you arrow over and select, "Cancel". This will take you into the part of the menu where you can program the SPI Flash. Simply select the board you have, 250K or 500K and the bit file will be programmed to the SPI Flash.

Jack.

Thank you for your reply.

silly question : how do I select Cancel?

I try with c on my keyboard and other letter but it still load temporaly.

I also try with arduino with the progran "P1_QuickStart.pde" altered and loading is permanent.

Vincent

Vincent,

Press the right arrow key to access the cancel button. It's all based on a bash shell script so it is a little bit awkward. I'm thinking that it is about time for me to make a GUI for all of this. I might start work on it tonight. :)

The P1_Quickstart.pde sketch is loaded into the SPI flash of the P1 when I ship them out. So it might just be seeming permanent... In the Arduino IDE you select the tools/board/GadgetFactory Papilio One (250K|500K) Board (Burn) option. The key is that if you select (Burn) then any sketch that gets uploaded is burned permanently to the SPI flash. The option without (Burn) will upload it very quickly over JTAG.

Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions you might have.

Jack.

It works !!! I'm happy!

thank you very much.

I'm working on a CNCproject. A servo controler.

I made up and ordered a wing'PCB today. I should share my work in 2-3 weeks I think.

Have a good day.

Vincent

Archived