Papilio-Arduino IDE

Guest Binette228

Guest Binette228

Hi,

I'm planning buy a Papilio board soon but I would like to know if it can be programmed from scratch with the Papilio-Arduino IDE (without installing the AVR8 soft processor on the board)?

I'm new to FPGA's and what is mostly interesting me is the VHDL programming but as I'm a complete newbie I want to be able to program it easily from an easy platform right out of the box.

I don't know yet HDL language and I just know basic C/C++ programming. Can I get started with this platform?

Thanks for you help!

Olivier

Hello Oliver,

The Papilio-Arduino IDE takes care of all the details for you. It includes the AVR8 soft processor already and does all of the work of loading a sketch into the AVR8 and onto the Papilio One for you. From an end user's perspective it is as simple as writing a sketch and pressing the upload button.

So you can start out with sketches and then start watching the tutorials and looking at examples to figure out how to add your own VHDL code to the AVR8. As you go along you can ask questions in the forum and the IRC channel and we will do our best to help out.

Hope this helps,

Jack.

Guest Binette228

Thanks for you quick response!

I'll buy one soon from gadget factory.

I wish you continue working on projects, add-ons and tutorials for the Papilio, it have a lot of potential. Maybe one day I will have the knowledge to contribute too.

Olivier

Archived